Friday, August 29, 2008

and we're out

This is it. 4 suitcases and 2 backpacks stand at the ready next to the front door. Taxi will be here at 3:45am. Passports have been accounted for so many times that I have stopped responding to Jeremy's request that I check "just once more time".
Many, many (many many many many) tears have been shed tonight saying goodbye to H. Not in front of him, but for Jeremy after tucking him in and for me as I type this - I went in to check on him. He is sound asleep, with his sweet smell and that cool sleeping skin and even breath. My baby, who has never been away from both his parents at the same time. Who has been with me every day of his life bar five, who has no idea how his world is about to change.
Sadness side I feel well prepared. I have anti-anxiety meds, sleepers, antibiotics, and a little something to wake up when it's all over - and thats just for the baby (ba dumb dumb).
Whew, that is really not funny. Right. Time to stop writing. See you on the 10th!

4 comments:

anymommy said...

Godspeed! I can't wait to see you all in ten days and witness your new beautiful family of four.

Anonymous said...

This is my first time at your blog. What an amazing time to stop by. I wish you all the best as you embark on this new stage in your journey. What a beautiful and amazing gift you are giving Zeni. And Hayden. And yourselves.

My thoughts go with you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm a new reader, but just wanted to say All the Best! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip and meeting your newest addition.

jen said...

oh...i can't wait 'til you get back and we get to "meet" your newest family member!
as if you will have any extra time...feel free to stop by my blog. you are invited to my bloggy party!
thanks for inspiring me to remember that a heart is never too small for holding lots of love.